Jefferson Berkeley Alliance on Substance Use Prevention or JBA, is a coalition of community members who work together to SAVE LIVES by preventing overdoses, both fatal and non-fatal, in our youth and adults.
OUR WORK WITH YOUTH
JBA educates youth and their families regarding current trends in substance use that could potentially directly impact the youth in our community. JBA teaches where and how adolescents and adults can get help for themselves and/or their peers. JBA works to increase protective factors in the youth of Jefferson and Berkeley Counties by teaching positive mental health strategies in children, families, and adults.
OUR WORK WITH ADULTS:
The Jefferson Berkeley Alliance is dedicated to educating adults so they can be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of a substance use disorder or SUD. JBA also educates community members about the multiple types of recovery pathways, and how to find the best and most appropriate help for a loved one or friend. This is done while simultaneously supporting community members that struggle with SUD. Our support for these members of our community entails education, advocacy, supporting local harm reduction programs and efforts, linkage to care, and recognizing the full spectrum of recovery. There is no one size fits all to prevention, substance use disorders, or recovery which allows JBA to work reducing the shame & stigma surrounding SUD by supporting the medical model of substance use.
The Martinsburg Initiative
The Martinsburg Initiative
A Police/School//Community Partnership
The Martinsburg Initiative (TMI) is a community effort to break the cycle of substance abuse and build strong families. The initiative is based on the science of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) that shows how early childhood experiences shape the lives of adults.
"A child with six ACEs has been found to be 4,600% more likely to be an intravenous
drug user as an adult..."
Articles, Documents & Links
OnTrack! Anti-Drug coalitions promote a culture of drug free living and reduce harmful and risky behaviors among our youth.
Mountaineer Recovery Center
We are the regional leader in substance use treatment.
Our team of behavioral health experts provide comprehensive but customized care to help you overcome your unique challenges and difficulties. We provide solution-oriented treatment that is grounded in research and is offered to individuals, couples, and families. Our services include substance use assessments, outpatient treatment, Intensive Outpatient Treatment, a 28 day residential program, Medication-Assisted Treatment, Life Skills Training, and Peer Recovery Support Services. Our therapies are delivered in individual therapy, family therapy, groups, and recreational outings. Our objective is to help our clients make hope become reality.
Jefferson C.OR.E Team
Impacted by Addiction?
Jefferson C.O.R.E. Team can help!
Come see us at the WVU CIRCLE Office
115 E. Third Ave
Ranson, WV 25438
Connections to SUD treatment ands community resources, therapeutic and peer recovery support, and much more.
Learning to Cope
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Tue, Oct 17MartinsburgOct 17, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PMMartinsburg, Intersection of E King Street & S Queen Street
- Multiple DatesWed, Oct 18KearneysvilleOct 18, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMKearneysville, Zoom or @ 43 Ruland Rd., Kearneysville, WV 25430, USA
- Multiple DatesWed, Nov 15KearneysvilleNov 15, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMKearneysville, Zoom or @ 43 Ruland Rd., Kearneysville, WV 25430, USA
- Multiple DatesFri, Nov 17Asbury United Methodist ChurchNov 17, 5:30 PM – Nov 18, 7:30 PMAsbury United Methodist Church, 110 W North St, Charles Town, WV 25414
- Wed, Dec 13Martinsburg, WVDec 13, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PMMartinsburg, WV, 1ST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 220 S QUEEN ST
- Multiple DatesWed, Dec 20KearneysvilleDec 20, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMKearneysville, Zoom or @ 43 Ruland Rd., Kearneysville, WV 25430, USA
- Multiple DatesWed, Sep 20KearneysvilleSep 20, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMKearneysville, Zoom or @ 43 Ruland Rd., Kearneysville, WV 25430, USA
- Multiple DatesFri, Sep 15Asbury United Methodist ChurchSep 15, 5:30 PM – Sep 16, 7:30 PMAsbury United Methodist Church, 110 W North St, Charles Town, WV 25414
- Multiple DatesTue, Aug 15KearneysvilleAug 15, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMKearneysville, Zoom or @ 43 Ruland Rd., Kearneysville, WV 25430, USA
- Multiple DatesWed, Jul 12Asbury United Methodist ChurchJul 12, 5:30 PM – Jul 13, 7:30 PMAsbury United Methodist Church, 110 W North St, Charles Town, WV 25414